Speak your mind

Passivity annoys me more than anything else. I know that may be hypocritical to say, because I've felt myself slip into such a state before. When I do, I find that life begins to lack its usual vibrancy. I really appreciate it when people speak their mind, even if I don't agree with them. Not that I appreciate constant verbal vomit from a loudmouth. In fact, I try hard not to confuse shyness for passivity. Some of the best, most articulate opinions come from the softspoken. I guess that's maybe why I like quiet, shy guys. Because when they usually start talking, it's not the same annoying smalltalk I've heard over and over again or the cliched jokes/pickup lines that were old ten years ago. I guess I wish more people with intelligent opinions would speak up. It would help a chatterbox like me expand my horizons and learn more about the world. (And help me practice my listening skills!)

0 comments: